Recipe: Spicy Tuscan Soup
- 1 lb Bold and Spicy sausage
- 1 red onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 medium sized red potatoes
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 c roughly chopped kale leaves
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tear the sausage into rustic meatball-sized chunks, and cook it in a Dutch oven over medium high heat until cooked through (about 10 minutes). Remove the sausage to a plate and set it aside.
- Chop the onion, mince the garlic, and dice the bacon. Add the bacon to the Dutch oven, and cook over medium-high for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise, and then slice them into half-moons.
- Add the chicken stock to the Dutch oven, along with the potatoes. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, and test the potatoes for doneness. In the meantime, wash and roughly chop the kale.
- Once the potatoes are almost done, add the kale, heavy cream, and reserved sausage, and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring to incorporate everything. Add copious amounts of black pepper, and salt to taste.